The kitchen probably witnesses more everyday activity than any other part of the house. Kitchens bring families together. Not only is it used for cooking and storing food, it often becomes the star multi-tasker in every home – kids doing their homework, family sharing meals, or an impromptu coffee date with the neighbours. Therefore, keeping your kitchen organized and stylish becomes a NEED rather than a WANT.
Kitchens in Sydney are known for their beauty. Depending on your comfort and aesthetics, you can choose any style that suits your kitchen the best. There are quite a number of options to choose from.
BASIC SYDNEY KITCHEN DESIGN IDEAS:
- Pick a colour that you like. If you want your kitchen to be on the bright side, look at yellows, oranges, or bright greens. You can even go with darker shades like red, blue, or deep green. You’ll be seeing these colours around food so, pick a colour that doesn’t quell your appetite.
- You have to make sure that there is enough space for everything in your kitchen. Go for countertops with cabinets. Try keeping everything off the counter so that your kitchen looks fresh and clean at all times. You can also go for open shelving to show off your pretty dishes and add a bit more colour and pattern to your décor.
- Make sure your kitchen has ample lighting. You can either do this with a lot of pretty lights and pendant lamps that fit your décor or you can go with lots of natural lighting from the windows. There are many options with respect to lighting fixtures here in Sydney.
- You can also liven up your kitchen by adding some small potted plants to your kitchen space. If you think you would have trouble with spacing, you can try hanging plants.
MOST POPULAR STYLES OF KITCHENS IN SYDNEY:
- Modern Kitchens: Modern Kitchens are popular in Sydney among homeowners who love a neat, clean, and orderly kitchen because it is sleek, cutting-edge, and free from clutter style. They often include beautiful stone benchtops, recessed lighting, integrated fridges, pull-out bins, and pull-out pantries. Today’s modern Sydney kitchens are fashionable yet minimalist at their best.
- Contemporary Kitchen Designs: This is popular among the people in Sydney who crave space, comfort, and functionality. This enables experimentation with every new kitchen appliance introduced in the market. It blends induction cooktops, the latest appliances, handless drawers and cupboards, and good storage solutions elegantly together.
- Classic Kitchens: This style is neither too modern nor too traditional. Therefore, the look of a classic kitchen won’t ever go out of style – it’s forever. This style creates a very welcoming and homely atmosphere and is loved by a lot of Sydneysiders.
- White Kitchens: These include many shades of white such as off-white, ivory, silver, milky white, pearl white, etc. The ageless appeal of a white kitchen makes it the favourite choice among the people of Sydney. White kitchens make the best use of your home’s natural lighting and make smaller spaces look bigger.
- Outdoor Kitchens: Outdoor Kitchens are very trendy in Sydney recently. It is a kitchen space located outside the house so the host can interact and entertain family members, friends, or guests while cooking. This is a style of kitchen in Sydney that seems to be becoming all the rage.
What kitchen style you choose is your personal choice but you need to consider what kind of look and functionality you want and also your budget. Organizing your kitchen over and over again can be difficult but a well-designed kitchen can make organizing your kitchen a simple task without much effort or time spent. Even if your kitchen space is small, it can provide a functional workspace for preparing food if it is well designed. It is equally crucial to add flavour to your kitchen as it is to add flavour to your food.