When it comes to the selection of cross-platform frameworks, one needs to opt between different options. The good news is that most of such applications work well with Android, as well as iOS. Certainly, this makes things trickier for it than the native apps. However, one can simplify things by shortlisting a few prominent ones. Specifically, one may go with anyone between these. One may go through the pros and cons of each of these for better decision-making.
Primarily, Xamarin makes use of C# for coding purposes. Well, the good news is that it has become a freely available platform after Microsoft acquired it. The factor that makes it distinct is that it uses C# for the mobile app development process. Assembling well with native apps makes it distinguishable. However, everyone knows that hybrid applications use technologies for their functioning.
- It enables the creation of uniform UI, irrespective of the platform
- The best part, Xamarin allows users to share codebases over different platforms. However, one can prepare the User Interface distinctly for distinct platforms.
- Native UI enables the user in enjoying a greater experience with Xamarin
- Applications made through Xamarin can deliver performance up to the level of native apps.
- Nominal support one can expect from the company. Primarily, the reason behind this is due to complexities between external libraries and the integration of Xamarin.
- Developers need to understand Xamarin’s native language. Specifically, they must have proficiency in Java for android app development. Similarly, they need to have expertise in the Swift for iOS app development.
- Applications on Xamarin consume more system space
- Comparatively cost-effective for development.
Ionic is another option one may consider for the hybrid framework. The best part, it enables the developers to develop multiple smartphone platforms. Above all, it is quite multipurpose in nature. It means the Ionic applications work perfectly both on iOS as well as android devices.
- It is both time and budget-saving in nature
- Ionic applications are much user-friendly.
- The process of coding is quite simple. Moreover, one doesn’t need to hire an additional workforce for writing extra codes
- It is less efficient in comparison with native apps
- These frameworks are not convenient for apps where high-end graphic processing is essential.
Undoubtedly, Flutter is one of the most prominent and popular frameworks. Primarily, its ability to develop a catchy user interface makes it significant. Specifically, its ability to create enchanting UIs for several cross-platform applications makes it explicit. Primarily, Flutter is a UI for smartphones by Google. Upon compiling these apps develop a built-in code. In this context, it is different from hybrid apps using digital views.
Similarly, React Native applications make use of native segments. The compilation of native code removes the stages amidst the framework as well as a central processing unit. Hence, the apps on Flutter get a native feel. In fact, Flutter comes up with its explicit, graphic engine -Skia. This enables Flutter to handle its functionality. Needless is to say that Google holds ownership of Skia. However, one needs Dart, an OOPS, for the development of Flutter.
- These are extremely fast applications
- Comparatively, it is way time-saving and budget-friendly in nature. Primarily, this is because it uses one common codebase.
- It allows users to view changes on the codes. Moreover, the moment one makes a change, debugging becomes simpler to manage
- As Flutter is open-source, it is highly cost-effective
- It May is not best for applications demanding a certain kind of device
- Extremely essential for developers to learn a new coding language
React Native mobile app framework needs no introduction. Facebook holds ownership of the framework. Primarily, the development of smartphone apps is the main aim behind this. It makes use of native components. Also, it is not reliant upon digital views. It can make use of components of both Apple and android while developing UIs. Also, it comes with a JSX specific language meant for developing UIs.
- Apps built with react native are fast. Moreover, it takes less time for the development of these apps. Specifically, the ‘Hot reloading’ feature makes it stand out. It enables the developer to see the changes occurring with the code. In fact, one can view it on phone as well through this spec.
- These applications are much cost-effective in nature. No involvement of an additional workforce makes it budget-friendly. In this context, it is very much like Ionic. One can make use of the available workforce for the development of these apps. After all, it uses the same technique.
- The best part, React Native has components readily available that one can use straight away for development. Hence, it cuts downtime for the developer, considering that one doesn’t need to develop things from scratch.
- The React Native applications are way swifter in comparison. In other words, it is way lot more productive in nature than others.
- React Native mobile app development provides excellent support for its users. Specifically, there remains a huge range of packages from third parties. Also, one can explore a range of libraries. Not just for mobile platforms, these packages are significant for web platforms as well.
- Developers carrying some experience always prefer React Native. Those having some experience in developing a web app with React can easily start with it. They can straightaway start with React Native. Undoubtedly, this helps the parent company in many ways. Firstly, it cuts downtime for the company. Next, it improves productivity as well.
- Critical apps on React Native framework often show functioning issues. Specifically, such issues appear more in comparison to cross-platform apps.
- When it comes to adding features by third-party developers, the chances of bugs remain much more.
Fundamental aspects to consider
Structure and User Interface:
The first thing one must consider for selecting an app developing framework is the best UI essential for the project. Moreover, parameters for the selection of UIs differ for the selection of framework. After all, these parameters do vary from business to business. In short, one must first analyze his/her business type prior to deciding on the selection of a framework.
Conduct market research:
The selection of the app developing framework is reliant upon finding the right partner. After all, everyone wants to go with the best mobile application development company in the USA. However, it can be confusing to find the best one among different companies offering different services. The best recommendation will be to conduct market research to find out the best one.
Whether to go with the closed system or an open system:
There are different platforms one can select for using through the course of app development. Primarily, one needs a platform that is flexible and suitable for use for greater speed. Also, it must provide greater control for the user. One needs to take these things into account while deciding between the open and closed ecosystem. It is crucial to keep business functionality in mind as well before making the right decision on this matter.
Finding the most updated option:
There are many frameworks one may opt for. However, while opting for the best, one needs to ensure that the same offers choices of high-end platforms. It must provide the requisite tools for the app development process. In this context, one needs to go with an up-to-date framework as with evolving technology.
The development of mobile applications holds a lot of prominence in modern times. Hence, one can’t just take it lightly. There are several aspects one needs to take into account. And, the points discussed above can be crucial for this.
Above all, one needs to first keep business requirements in mind for better decision-making. Those having an in-house team with certain expertise should consider that aspect as well. Similarly, those aiming to develop an app for a specific user base should keep that in mind as well.
Author Bio: I am Pratik Kanada, founder & CEO of 360 Degree Technosoft, A leading mobile app development company in India, USA. I generally write blogs on tech updates, the software development industry & the latest technologies.